Thursday, July 11, 2013

Day 3: Rewarded for Manual Labor

During the morning I was a tad bored, but I managed to fill time by aiding other interns with some computer issues. For lunch, free pizza was obtained while getting to watch three TED talks, all of which were very interesting and relevant to imaging science.
During the afternoon, I was drafted to help move metal structures, lights, doors, Plexiglas, etc. out of a truck, down a floor, and into a room. They'll be used in a week or so to assemble a clean room of sorts. The pieces themselves however were more or less covered in dust. Oops. And I thought I was being payed as an intellectual worker...
Fortunately there was a light at the end of the tunnel, that light being a working laptop and a cold soda. After spending of the rest of the afternoon installing programs, I'm hoping I can actually begin working on projects soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment