Friday, July 26, 2013

Day 14: Miscellaneous

After reviewing our abstracts in the morning, I did some drafting practice and tried to learn some of the more complicated features such as electrical wiring, chain drives, etc. Unfortunately I have nothing to show as they were, let's say, unsuccessful.

In the afternoon I visited Robert's Lab (http://rit-internship-blog.webnode.com/) where he does fine-scale 3D printing. I then took a look around some other buildings with Bob before heading back to find a bunch of computers being thrown away. My lab scooped up all of the seemingly worthless old equipment.

At the end of the day, I went to a seminar given about 3D modeling of supernovae. It takes supercomputers months to run the simulations but the results are as beautiful as they are informative.

Still waiting on my adviser, but it seems I'm able to fill time.

No comments:

Post a Comment