Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Day 12: Disappointing Discovery

Well, this is an odd find.
The CAD work I was given to do (the bulk of which is completed) appears to have already done by someone else. Looking around the Insight Lab's webpage, I found these from 2011:


A rendered model of the SCUBE:


Designs in blueprint format for the SET projects:


This probably means these previous models were either lost or forgotten. Either way, not exactly a good thing. It also surprises me that it's been 2+ years and they aren't all completed yet. Perhaps they're a little more complicated than I thought. 

On a lighter note, I finished my abstract/milestone that talks about my project, and I got a response from my adviser with some hope for new ideas/projects to work on. I'm also attempting to make some nicer renders of my CAD designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment